Saturday, January 6, 2018

OMG - January - Tablerunner


I thought I would commit to One Monthly Goal this month.  I have a UFO that I have done a little work on - a tablerunner.



It is pattern called Modified Trees by Eva Page Quilt Designs.  Beth Helfter spoke at our guild and I thought the pattern would be a fun one for a boutique or gift for a friend.  I made it and got stuck on wanting to do the border.  2 nights ago, I decided to forgo the entire border, but only add some ground for the trees.

This picture is only half the tablerunner.   There is also a star between the two trees, and I am thinking of a ribbon to do that or fancy stitching - but have to look and see what might work.  The colors I choose are a little bright, but I think I will like it.


This will be the back and binding.  It is a fabric that was in my stash but it quite fun with the trees.  I  have an idea for quilting - we'll see if its as brilliant as I think - or whether I can do it.  Wish me luck.


Linking up with:  One Monthly Goal